Today at Smoky House we made maple fudge.
- We measured out two cups of sugar.
- We measured 1 cup of the best pure maple syrup around.
- We measured a 1/2 cup of light cream.
- We added two tablespoons of butter.
- We mixed them all and put in a saucepan on the burner until it started to boil.
- We clipped a candy thermometer on to the side of the pan.
- We boiled it to 238 F.
- We let it sit for an hour or until temp reaches 110.
- We beat it until color lightens and softens.
- We let it sit until it hardens and cracks.
We expected it to turn out hardened and cracked, but it was soft and caramel like instead. It tasted like maple caramel. I think we needed more cream. We didn’t whisk it long enough. It turned out decent, but not how we expected it to. If it were to come out right, I would want to make it again.