Looking back these past few months at Smokey House, here are some of the favorite things I’ve done:
- Made shelters outside twice.
- Have done some wilderness survival learning.
- Made a fire outside by the stream on the Herrick House trail.
- Made things; the honeysuckle coat rack, wreaths, food such as pumpkin bread/puree, soups, and bread.
- Visited farms such as The Two Dog Farm, Yoder Farm, and the Green Mountain College Farm.
- Sold our products (pumpkins, pumpkin bread, peppers, etc) at the Manchester Farmers Market twice.
- Harvested a lot of pumpkins, tomatos, beets and peppers.
- Did tree/plant identifcation.
- Did trail work on the pond, and hiking route.